A new luxury men’s fashion label is seeking an innovative and progressive Seamstress/ Tailor to join the team. Specializing in bespoke men’s fashion. Our commitment is to alter the way men in fashion are perceived, practice ethical and responsible trade and provide opportunities for creative progression.
We are revolutionising men’s fashion.
You the Seamstress/ Tailor are an essential member of our team. You will be responsible for producing high quality, tailored products within the established timeframe standards while providing the highest level of client service, establishing and contributing to customer relationships and work proactively with your team and individually. It is important to us that you are valued, stretched and acknowledged for your role in the business. Inside of that, we are looking for someone who is open to growing with the business and partnering with us in fulfilment of the vision.
- Responsible for the tailoring client experience for menswear.
- Demonstrate expertise in impeccable alterations skills, knowledge.
- Use expertise with all patterns, garment fittings, marks on garments, construction, and
knowledge of fabrics, and styling and manufacturing techniques.
- Advise on the products we make as a brand.
- Alter clothing to fit individual needs. Examine and repair garments following alteration tags
and understand marks on garments. Ability to understand alteration tags and marks on
garments to ascertain necessary alterations.
- Perform and complete fittings and deliver quality workmanship on both minor and major
types of alterations.
- Organise workload and complete items on time.
- Provide your own Tailoring equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Open to self-taught, must provide portfolio.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in seamstress/tailoring, preferably in luxury or high-end
- Knowledge of alterations including fabrications and styling of luxury products.
- Demonstrate strong business judgment, creativity, and organisational ability.
- Fluent in English, with the ability to communicate and write clearly. Fluency in other
languages will be considered a plus
- Must possess superb interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with customers and
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Able to work efficiently in a team and individually.
- Open to learning and developing new skills and processes.
Initial contract is for 2 months November 11, 2018 - December 30, 2018. You will be responsible for producing the brand's first sample collection of 6 garments. All are one-piece suits. See image for example.