Looking for an experienced developer or team of developers for a 3-6 month project? You'll be working with me directly to develop a web-based application for the creation and organization of a video game's content (e.g. the scripted dialogue, the flow of the story, maps of areas the player will encounter, etc). The application should seamlessly and aesthetically unite specialized editors for many areas of content design in one web-based rich internet application. All content should then be exportable into various formats, including XML and Microsoft Office. Ideally I'd like someone to create a spec that I can take a look at first, then once I sign off I'd like that same team or individual to develop the application fully. The challenge of this project will be taking rich features from desktop applications, and replicating them seamlessly in a web-based environment.
Since I'm hoping to attract either a single individual or a team, the following skills would be required (at a minimum) in order for the project to be considered a success.
• Software design experience (e.g. architectural design, logical design, and physical design).
• Ability to code a scalable, rich internet application in a timely and professional fashion.
• UI, UX, interactivity design experience.
• Graphic design experience - Icons, toolbars, menus, etc.
• Requirements gathering, analysis, and writing.
• Interest or experience in the gaming industry is a plus but not required.
Candidates for this project should possess the following skills:
• Please write “I am a human” on top of your proposal...
• Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with periodic info/updates
• Experience in making architectural recommendations - Someone who feels comfortable communicating architectural changes, enhancements, and/or suggestions back to the client (me).
• Dedication to meeting project deadlines in a timely manner
• Attention to detail
• Independence as a worker
• Willingness to sign an NDA
The software being developed should be web-based. And as for features, they should mimic those of Articy Draft, and ChatMapper, respectively:
• Articy Draft - [login to view URL]
• Chat Mapper - [login to view URL]
Examples of features to be included are the following:
• User-friendly design
• Non-Linear Branching Tree Graph Visualization
• Conversation Simulator
• Screenplay Generation
• Multiple Export Options
• Reviewer Tools and Reviewer Notes
• Localization Support
Below are links to trial versions of each of the respective software applications. I am happy to buy you a full license of these products if it will help you develop my software:
• ChatMapper Trial Download - [login to view URL]
• Articy Draft 3 Trial - [login to view URL]
Requirements should be largely based on the Articy Draft help guide. I've included a few examples in which I've taken an Articy Draft feature and turned it into a software requirement for my own, while also incorporating some features and aspects of ChatMapper:
1. "Flow Fragments" - [login to view URL]
a. Video Game Design Pro Online's "Nodes" - *Attached as "Nodes"
2. "Pins and connections" - [login to view URL]
a. Video Game Design Pro Online's "Branches and Connectors"
Project Scope & Deliverables
1. Requirements specification: Prior to development beginning
2. Final stable release with a deployment and maintenance plan: 3-6 months after development starts.
If you're interested in this project, please reply with (1) your prior experience, (2) whatever questions you may have about the project, and (3) an estimate as to how long it may take to develop specification docs for the software first.
22 freelancers are bidding on average $2465 for this job
How are you? My name is Bryan. I have 8+ years experience. If you would like to get high quality product with best service, hire me. Looking forward to discuss about your project. Thank you.