We have around twenty websites and services out on the web. I need a monitoring system to monitor all these services (mostly http/https, but others like mail servers should be possible).
- frequently check if the service is reachable
- check if the http status is OK (not 404/50x or something like that)
- host health checks (free disk space, memory usage, load etc.), all are linux machines, mostly docker hosts
- alert via email if something is off
- alert via SMS
- do some content checking for websites (I could provide some information in the config, so the system can see if it gets the right page, maybe there exist even better approaches)
- check if ssl certificates have a remaining life team of at least 14 days
Please state in your offer which nice-to-have-points you can do and if there is an additional price for them.
All this should have a simple to use web interface. The software used should be under active development and OPEN SOURCE.
It should run on a docker host within one or more docker containers (maybe one database container and one container for the monitoring server).
I would prefer using something from docker hub that seems to be under active development, so I have a good starting point if I want to upgrade later. But if you have good arguments against this, I'm open to here them :-)
What you have to do:
- give me an installation instruction for running the docker containers for the monitoring system
- step-by-step guidance on configuring the hosts/services
- help me if I have questions about the installation within 7 days after everything is done
I am an experienced software developer and I very ofter work on the shell. But I do not have the time to read the manual, but want a tailor-made solution for what I've described above.
The above mentioned nice-to-have-points can also be added later on when the core system is running fine.
8 freelancers are bidding on average €160 for this job
Currently I am handling 12 Server of a university, I configure & monitor the tool as like you are wanting, so I can easily do what u want exectly. I used open source tools/packaged.
I can provide you a reliable and robust system that will also alert you when site is down, when it is up and you can get alerts via SMS or via Email We will also support you for 1 month for free
Based on your requirements I'd choose monit - it is small, quick, not over-bloated like zabbix and etc No problem to use already made docker image or make a new image specially for you.