1. The first step is to identify a case study of business ethics and/or sustainability that has been reported in the news. The idea is to select a case for which ample information is available in the public domain. The events in the case must have occurred, at least in part, in 2016. There are many possible types of cases that you can choose, and it is recommended that you choose a case that is related to your own personal interests. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Corporate scandals
- Environmental disasters
- Corporate sustainability programs
- Climate change and business
- Waste management
- Worker exploitation
- Positive ethical programs
- Issues in international business ethics - Corruption cases
- Tax avoidance/evasion
- Corporate fraud
- Unfair business practises
- Illegal corporate activity
- Issues related to ethics consumption
2. Once you have selected your case you will need to identify sources of information on which to base your report. the information you use should be from the public domain. This could include:
- Newspaper articles (online and print)
- Magazine articles (online and print)
- Television programs (e.g. news and documentaries) All sources must be cited,
3. Once you are familiar with the case you will need to analyse it using relevant academic readings. Write about the main ethical/sustainability issues that are in place. Who and what are the key stakeholders involved? How have they been affected by these issues? Are the issues mentioned organisation-specific, industry/sector-wide, or of a national or global nature?
4. The report should be structured as follows:
A. Introduction (<. 500 words): Introduce the nature of the case, the ways that it relates to business ethics and/or sustainability, and summarise the main arguments that will be made.
B. Case description (750-1000 words): Provide a description of the case by outlining any relevant background information, telling the story of what happened, describing which people and institutions were involved, and the effects of what happened.
C. Analysis of ethical and/or sustainability issues (750-1000 words): Apply the relevant academic readings in this subject outline, textbooks, Journal of Business Ethics articles, and/or other academic articles related to business ethics to evaluate the events in the case. Assess these events in relation to who was effected (positively or negatively) and how ethical issues were or were not accounted for by the actions of the major stakeholders.
D. Recommendations (<500 words): Based on your analysis make recommendations as to what can be learned from the case. E. Conclusion (<500 words): Summarise the main points and conclusions of your report.
F. Source Data References: List out the sources of information you used for the case study.
G. Academic References: List the academic articles and/or books that you referenced in the report.
5. Citations and referencing must follow the Harvard or APA Style Guide.
6. At a minimum, recommended textbooks, academic articles and/or lectures must be cited and referenced. At least 5 academic articles must be cited with a maximum of 50 references apply. You will also need to reference news media and other sources in order to provide information about the case. No Wikipedia or blogs should be used.
9. Total word count is 3,000 excluding references
research writing on business ethics and/or sustainability Relevant Skills and Experience experienced research writer for over 5 years Proposed Milestones $91.11 AUD - initial milestone
32 freelancers are bidding on average $138 for this job
Ethics Case Study Relevant Skills and Experience Business Analysis, Report Writing, Research, Research Writing Proposed Milestones $100 AUD - 3000 words
I have worked on projects about ethics in the past and will offer a high quality paper on this project. Relevant Skills and Experience I have 5 years experience in academic writing Proposed Milestones $100 AUD - bid
I am a profound writer who has impressive writing skills. I believe in competence and effective time management. Relevant Skills and Experience academic Proposed Milestones $100 AUD - complete