My Practical Support is a leading Brisbane-based insurance enterprise that believes in quality, customer service and innovation is now seeking a full stack web applications developer to deliver new to market web projects, including new enhancements and bug fixing. You will have the opportunity to grow, showcase your experience and work on cutting edge technology and innovative solutions. The role will give you an opportunity to be part of a company with excellent staff culture and fantastic opportunities to develop your career.
Our IT Department is an integral hub to our business and is responsible for managing the electronic needs of My Practical Supports’ technology based solutions, for both our customers and staff.
The role requires an ability to deliver a high end product, develop excellent fluid user experience, let your creative ideas and flair intuitively capture the connectivity of the site and work with our business managers, creative and search engine marketing team. In this role, you will be developing platforms, systems and tools and maintaining a range of products. You will be an integral part of an innovative, collaborative and proactive team working to deliver high performance and highly scalable systems. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and proactive problem solver with a keen eye for detail, your experience will give you the ability to work and adapt on your own, learn on the job and research for solution outcomes. You will have good communication skills and enjoy working autonomously and amongst a motivated team in a deadline driven environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
Demonstrated skill using
• Good understanding of web security practices
• PSD Slicing or any design requirement
o Laravel PHPmyAdmin and Wordpress,
• Experience working with MySQL, Mobile technologies, mobile sites, Google tools, hosting, CPanel, social media, Facebook API, eCommerce website development and third party platform API integration e.g Ebay, Amazon, Gumtree
• Experience working with Node.Js, React.js, & Backbone
• Apache/Linux/MySQL (LAMP Stack)
• HTML5/ CSS3
• Twitter Bootstrap
• Ecommerce and API integration in and building out
• Certified web developer
• Experience with responsive design and its outcomes
• Excellent communication skills to confidently interact with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Excellent attention to detail to ensure quality outcomes are delivered.
• Relevant degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology related fields (strong self-taught candidates will also be considered).
On offer is an opportunity to forge a career get your hands dirty with the latest technology working on state of the art equipment and with an organisation that puts in strong emphasis on professional outcomes.
My Practical Support is an award winning insurance producer and employer of choice we offer a variety of incentives and employee benefits that will allow you to create that work life balance you have been looking for. If you would like the opportunity to work on proprietary bespoke systems using cutting edge technology, amongst our enthusiastic and collaborative team we'd like to hear from you.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa, we are an equal opportunity employer including job sponsoring for the right candidate.