This job is to take an existing OctoberCMS web app that was built in 2016 and make it production ready by (1) upgrading the existing OctoberCMS install, related plugins, PHP/Laravel versions, and other OS packages, and (2) configuring deployment via Laravel Forge, and (3) configuring two factor authentication with Twilio using the existing 2FA plugin.
In particular the following components need to be upgraded:
(1) Update server environment:
* Upgrade Ubuntu to 18.04 LTS from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
* Upgrade web server and components:
* Nginx from 1.13 to latest
* PHP from 5.6 to latest
* Laravel from 5.1.45 to latest
(2) Upgrade OctoberCMS and plugins. Particular plugins to upgrade:
* Angular v1.0.1 by Responsiv (has not been updated since 2015). The plugin uses Angular 1.4.2, which needs to be upgraded to latest.
* Drivers from v1.1.1 to latest (should be straightforward)
* Two factor authentication by filipac from v1.0.1 to v1.1
After upgrading, the site needs to function as originally intended, so within the scope of this project are any fixes that need to be applied subsequent to the above upgrades.
This is a relatively simple web application that takes the user through a series of steps as part of a technology training program. A custom plugin was developed to support taking the user through the training program, and that custom plugin utilizes Angular as part of the front-end interface. This web app has not previously been deployed to production. Forge was previously used for deployment.
Must have skills for this project are: OctoberCMS, Laravel, Forge, PHP, and server administration/deployment experience.
It is highly preferred that applicants also be knowledgeable of Angular.