We use Google Sheets to keep track of our customers. In order to find previous interactions with our customers we need to set up a database for reliable data storage.
Key project features:
- Save all rows to a database.
- Update database when cells are edited.
- The data will be displayed in a sidebar.
- Sidebar will contain a search bar, search will browse all db data.
- Search results will be displayed in the right sidebar grouped by interaction containing all data (if not empty).
- Search results will be ordered by time, the most recent first and will be labeled with “Today” and “Yesterday”, if applicable.
- When a cell from column “Phone No.” will be populated, the script will automatically search the db and will retrieve the entries matching the phone number.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES
We already have a version of the software built 2 months ago by a [url removed, login to view] developer but it’s super slow. Even the drop down menu from column “Status” takes way too long to execute. The custom options from menu item “CRM Menu” -> “Move row to top / Move row to bottom”, again, takes too long to execute.
Another glitch: when a phone number is inserted in a cell, the script triggers the sidebar to load, at this moment the cell gets defocused for several seconds and the users loses the ability to edit the cell. This creates a very stressful and unwanted situation.
All of the above issues must
Our customer database will grow considerably and we need the program to run fast, to be precise and reliable.
You can use any technology you think it’s most appropriate. The current program is build with php and using mysql db.
Please apply only if you think you can write a fast program that will not get cloggy as the db grows.
If you are up for the job type Electro-Sombrero.
You can follow this editable link to check the speed and test the current functionality of the sheet.
[url removed, login to view]