I am having an issue with my recurring billing. It has to do with the API coding on my site communicating with Rechargebilling (the recurring billing website used for charging customers).
Below I have described the issue. The API is written on two pages of the site that I am aware of: "signup page" and "update profile page"
- both of these pages users can update their credit card (cc) info which communicates via API to rechargebilling.
- Someone signs up for my website on their own through my site. Then they are being billed once a month on whatever day they signed up on each month.
- Then if their credit card has any issues processing like its expired or it was cancelled due to scam (or whatever reason it no longer works). Recharge keeps trying to process their card everyday (and my website sends them an automatic email each time is does not process as well.
- Well if for example their credit card does not go through for say like 6 months (perhaps due to an expired card), then they finally log into the website and update to a new working credit card.
****Here is the issue: Rechargebilling somehow charges their credit card over and over again for their monthly costs to try to catch them up to their billing (for example: if they had 6 months of a bad credit card, then once the new one is in it would be charged 6 times to catch them up then their monthly).
Question: How can I fix this issue so that when they finally put their new credit card in, then they just pay for that month and monthly after that (without charging them for their back dated months)???
From the customer service of the Billing website used:
- What you are describing is actually a feature of Recharge, making sure customers are billed for any outstanding payments. To get around it, I would recommend either deleting the charge and making a new one when a customer gives you a new credit card and you don't care about any past due months, or setting the "next charge date" on the charge to the desired next billing date. Both of those can be done through the control panel or the API!
Freelancer: I need a developer to fix the API so the customer gets charged immediately when they enter their new credit card number and then each month after that - WITHOUT charging them for any months they may have missed previously.
62 freelancers are bidding on average $20/hour for this job
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks