I currently have a simple php/mysql website that lists ingredients and nutrition information for each. I want to expand on this current site with the ability to create and search recipes.
From a design perspective, here is what I foresee...
- the existing ingredient listing will have an "Add to Recipe" button next to each ingredient. Clicking this button will add the ingredient to a "New Recipe List" (assuming this will be stored in session).
- there will be a link to the "New Recipe List" which will open a "Create Recipe" page which will list all the ingredients that have been added to the "New Recipe List". The "Create Recipe" page will allow the user to assign a recipe title and a description. User should also be able to update the the portions and/or remove ingredients from this page.
- There will be a Submit button on the page. Clicking Submit will enter the recipe into the database (new tables to store the recipe and the recipe/ingredient relationship will be required).
- there should also be a recipe list or directory which will list the recipe names. Recipe Names will be hyperlinks that when clicked will open a page similar to the "Create Recipe" page but will be for viewing and updates only (not new submissions)
Summary of work...
- Recipe Creation
- Recipe Edit/View Page
- Recipe List/Directory
- Ingredient List/Directory
New Database Tables
- Recipe Table (recipe id, recipe name, recipe description, etc...)
- Recipe_Ingredient Table (recipe id, ingredient id, portion amount, portion unit, etc...)
Attached is a screenshot of the current ingredient listing.