I need a desktop tool created that will run on Windows XP. Programming can be done in Perl, VB, or any other language that can create a simple desktop userface to initial programs that will do the following 4 tasks :
1. Ability to take thousands of .html files and randomly put between 30 and 60 of them each in it's own directory, while randomly naming each directory from a list of phrases
2. Create a basic RSS 1.0 XML document containing the web link and snippet of each page.
3. Create a basic html sitemap file for each directory created in step 1. Sitemap file will simply create basic HTML flatfile containing links to each of the HTML documents in that directory. Will randomly assign a meta "title" and "discription" for each sitemap file by randomly pulling a number of characters from the text of some .html file in the directory.
4. Create flat file of HTML file content snippets.
I have attached full program specs for your review. This tool should be simple. All I should need to do is double click on an executable to bring up the user interface and run the tools.
This should be an easy program to create for someone that knows what they are doing.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Coding can be done in Perl, VB, or any other language that can get the job done per the specification document.