Hello to all,
Before I begin I must warn you that the process of selection will be thorough, and this is why: I have found various ways of accomplishing the task but I need the best one in performance, speed, reliabilty and sturdiness. I intend on stressing out the software very much.
I need to download (asynchronously) many internet (http) web pages and then parse the information.
when searching I need to be able to monitor the downloading progress of the page (and the entire process of the thread). I need to know in seconds how long it took to download and any other information about the transaction (headers, referers, cookie, etc..)
The program must be in Visual Basic 6 and I prefer not using any components. I know there are ways to use windows Sockets or other stuff.... I am open to suggestions but the winner will be the one who can suggest and create the fastest and most detailes prototype.I will be judging the prototype on:
1) reliability (always downloading the page succesfully )
2) sturdiness (50+ urls to download at the same time (asynchronously))
3) easy ntegration on windows machines (using core window components rather than vb6 or 3rd party components.)
As for parsing, I just need a good parsing technology, I would simply need a demonstartion, it would not be required (unless you want to and we can arrange something then) to parse every url I supply to you.
Keep in mind I need to use Referer's, cookies, GET, POST and HTTP, HTTPS.
There are some trade secrets (url's for instance), So I will ask for a NDA before accepting the bid.
Please ONLY PROFESSIONALS APPLY, I am no beginner and am not looking for a small solution. Thank you for your time, should you need more specific information, I will gladly give it.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
must be able to work on:
Windows 2000 and newer MS windows operating systems.