This should be a very easy project for an experienced developer.
We have a custom software package that has an attribute/value based type of database design. This software package has a very well documented data access api, and is capable of utilizing a plugin system. I have prepared some code samples for working with the plugin system and the data access api. Those will be provided to the winning bidder. Your job is to create a plugin for our software, that allows input from a user(see sample code), and does same simple data manipulations such as adding relationships between objects based on a list of object names. It will make more sense when you see the documentation. I expect 3-4 hours of work, a large portion of that would be spent familiarizing yourself with the codebase.
The bulk of the logic in the plugin in pseudo-code:
1. Get a list of all of the objects in the database(Using data access api). Very simple, just a couple of lines of code.
2. Loop through each object and get a list of names from one of the properties of each object. Again, just a couple of lines of code.
3. Compare each name from the list, to all of the other object's in the database. Make sure they aren't already related. If not and they match, add a relationship between the 2 objects to the database(also, using the data access api). Maybe 10 - 20 lines of code.
All of the above data access routines are also documented and samples are provided for them.
All code should be well commented. The project shall be coded in c# or vb.net, framework version 1.1. Do a great job, and there will many projects to follow.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).