NOTE: Updated 2/1/05 - new document added to zip file
1) I need to generate a Quote/Order number based on the date, the customer's name and the type of order whether it is a Tablet PC or just accessories.
2) Generate a printable Quote/Order Form which they would enter in their financial/payment information and simply fax or mail direct to the distribution point.
3) The other ordering option would be to complete the order online through a shopping cart. Shopping cart will have to link all of the payment processing through our distributor’s merchant account so they are paying the distributor and not me.
4) I will need to be able to track how many orders I have had and the configurations just for my own internal accounting so I know how much commission I am due. I will need some recommendations here.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form or other previously agreed upon format as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Feb 11, 2005 11:39:26 AM:
irst let me extend a personal "thank you" to each of the bidders for this project.
This broadcast message comes in the stereotypical 'good-news'/'bad-news' format.
First the Bad News:
I have chosen a developer from outside the RAC confines to finish out this project - as far as the shopping cart is concerned. I have been looking at a specific 'Shopping Cart Program' for a few weeks now that was very suitable to what I was trying to accomplish. Over the last few days I was able to get in touch with the original author/developer/coder of this commercial program and he has agreed to do the customizations to his software I require to bring me live in very short order. The big selling point for me was the fact the cart met most of my needs, it is already a complete application with all the hooks I need already built in, it as in an easy developer customiza ble format, and it was extremely affordable on the front end. I went ahead and purchased the cart and have come to an agreement with the developer of the cart to finish the project for roughly $300. For the most part all he will have to do is link everything up and make a few minor customizations and we are off and running.
NOW the Good news:
The one piece I will need that the developer is not providing for me at this time is a custom reporting module that is very easy for me to manage and pull reports from on the server side and the Automated Quote Generation (at least to the level I had outlined in my requirements). For this I will soon be opening up a new project that will be exclusively through RAC. This is such a tremendous resource that I would be a fool not to use RAC from this point forward for most, if not all of my web customization needs. Unfortunately I stumbled upon RAC about mid-way through my search for a developer/ coder so you all had to compete with things that were already in motion.
I have already selected the specific developers that I will be asking to bid on my next project and it will be very likely that I need each of them to build a different piece to this puzzle. FYI - For this next project I plan on offering a bonus upon project completion and, as stated above, I will be using RAC exclusively so be looking form me.
Again, I thank you for your time and your attentiveness and I look forward to working with you very soon (within 1-2 months).
Chief Executive Manager
UPDATED 2/1/05 - I have just added a detailed project requirement/plan that outlines the entire project. Please review all of the provided files and give me your best bid on the project.
Included in the zip is the skeleton HTML form to give you a visual picture of how it will look, a pdf of the Excel-based quote form I am currently using, and the updated project outline.