We operate an ecommerce web site that is modestly successfull [[url removed, login to view]]. We have limited technical knowledge and little time to devote to online promotions.
An affiliate program has been launched through [[url removed, login to view]]. This program needs to be professionally managed.
Affiliate management services are available from a variety of companies recommended by ShareAsale. All are _very_ expensive.
We need someone familiar with affilliate programs and online marketing generally, to help us design, implement and manage our programs.
The services could be one-time or long term based on a monthy service fee or percentage of sales. (Monthly costs of $100 to $200. or 1% to 3% of sales.)
The specific services required are those described by other affilliate managment companies. For details see: <[url removed, login to view]> (scroll down to **Professional Out-Sourced Program Management)
We are looking for experience and credentials. Excellent communication skills in English is essential.
Programming and database skills (for upgrading the web site) would be beneficial but not necessary.
The ideal candidate would eventually be able to take responsibility for all aspects of online marketing, promotion and web development.
We are not looking for a technician. This is fundamentally a sales job. The role will be marketing and promotion. The job requires someone with business savvy and a professional marketing focus - not just technical knowledge.
If you are experienced and enthusiastic please reply. If you know someone who is 'perfect' for the job - tell them.
Launching and running a successful affiliate program is a time consuming experience with a sharp learning curve and a lot of unwanted aggravation, using up time that is better spent on the core day to day issues of running a retail business. On top of this a range of other issues make running a successful affiliate program quite a challenge.
At present we suffer from a range of things that prevent us from getting our affiliate program rolling
* Clutter: There are thousands of merchants with an affiliate program; it is very hard to get noticed.
* Knowledge: Affiliate Marketing is far more complex and involved than many people realize, it can take a long time to learn the facts
* Basic Requirements: It's often not easy to work out what makes and attractive offer or find out what your competition is offering that makes them succeed
* Support: Affiliates need and will request ongoing support, taking up time and resources that you may not have or aren't sure why they want what they are requesting
* Cost: Hiring a full time experienced Affiliate Manager can be an expense that you're not prepared to take on.
The solution is getting
* Access to someone who can provide all the above, less the cost
* Who can help cut through the clutter
* Who can provide easy access to affiliate tools
* Who can support affiliates without putting requirements on the merchant
* Who can do it at reasonable cost.
What we need is an Afilliate Manager (AM) with the knowledge of
* How to promote the program
* What Affiliate Marketing is
* What makes a good package
* What support affiliates need
* Access to AM tools or support in setting up the merchant site to run on existing tools
* Page Creators
* Product Data feeds
* RSS News Feeds
* RSS Content
* Creative Support
* Development of Banners
* Support of custom creative requests from Affiliates
…and potentially outsourced development and maintenance of the site.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Dec 8, 2005 1:51:59 PM:
I just want to say that a coder has been chosen and thank you for your efforts