Hotel Finder Website with DB and Google Maps integration, Screens & Site structure in attachments.
1) Creation of 9 HTML pages with pure CSS (no tables) based on PSD/JPEG files.
- Format XHTML 1.0 compatible
- Search engine optimized e.g. images with alt tags,
- The landing pages are build modular with relative positioning. Goal is to have these pages work stand alone or in different layouts. Each module has an optional outline or
background that can be configured via CSS.
- Detailed briefing on how elements expand will be part of the final job material as well as PSD files.
2) Functionality on pages (overview)
Over time more functionality and pages (also Administrative back-end) will be build. To make this as easy as possible we would like to use an open content management system e.g.
mambo, joomla, typo3..... which also offers multi-language support out of the box. Please suggest the system you prefer in your proposal and give a quick overview on the
advantages/disadvantages for this project from your point of view. This CMS needs to run on standard managed servers with linux installations from hosting providers.
a) Validation of Location (City) input with pull-down right as user enters data (based on Google API)
b) Integration of Google Maps/Location look-up in combination with hotel data
- Show position of Hotel on map
- Show multiple search results on map, where the results on the map and the in the corresponding list view are related, e.g. when the user focus is on a list item, the
corresponding set of hotels are shown in a different color on the map than the rest.
- Rolling over an hotel icon on the map will show an "info"-bubble for the hotel and highlight the corresponding item in the list view.
c) Database search. The user can either search for a hotel chain or click on one of the hotel chain categories or clicks a link on the "tag cloud". Results are always shown in respect
of a location e.g. the closest 3 hotels of each hotel chain based on a user defined or preset location. Example: The user clicks on the homepage on the left hand category "Design,
City Hotels". Search results will be displayed in a list where all hotel chains are listed that have at least one hotel that matches "Design, City Hotel" and has its position within a
distance of 100 km to a default location (or user inserted location).
d) Filter Functionality for Search results to finer grain results (see hotel chain detail page)
e) Tag Cloud. The homepage features a tag cloud that represents the most searched Hotel chains and hotels.
f) Simple Email Form to establish contact with Hotel chains.
g) Tell-a-friend function that shows as an CSS overlay and allows to send a pre-formatted email with addition text and a link to the corresponding page to an entered email address. (There might be the additional need of a captcha image, please include in offer).
h) Bread-crum navigation that will also be used for "descriptive URLs". This is important for the search engine optimization.
i) Multi-language support. All static fields and the validation of location input must support multi language starting with 2 languages English and German.
j) Importer/Export Functionality with Admin Frontend to load Hotel- and Hotel-chain data into the database, images will be referenced and not be stored in the db
Database to be either mysql or postgresql. The draft of the database scheme for Hotel & Hotel chains will be delivered as part of the final job material. Expectation is that during the
development process changes will need to be made.
4) Development & Deployment
The development of the portal should be done on a machine hosted by the development company, where we can test and debug the code.
Expectation is, that the code will be delivered packaged and can be installed on any other machine that suits the minimum managed server requirements.