Cardinsoft ([login to view URL]) has built an Outlook add-in (see [login to view URL]) which emulates the Gmail add-on CardService components ([login to view URL]). The goal is to enable developers to write code once and have it work for both Gmail add-ons and Outlook add-ins. You can use the attached manifest to install the current build of the Outlook add-in.
While we have an initial version of this, we'd like to refactor the code in the following ways:
1) Move to node.js cloud function - right now most of the code is running client-side and we have a simple cloud function proxy to avoid CORS problems. You'll move this to a node.js cloud function (e.g. GCP, Azure Function, AWS lambda) and have only the UI running client-side. This is the more standard way of building Outlook add-ins.
2) Move to React.js UI components - the current UI is built with vanilla JS and Office Fabric core. You'll refactor the UI to use the React Office Fabric UI ([login to view URL]) which is the Microsoft preferred UI model.
Once you're done with these initial changes you will provide ongoing improvements and support, which is estimated to be about 10h/wk. In addition to licensing this library to other developers we'll be building Outlook add-ins using it ourselves and submitting them to the Outlook store (AppSource). You will assist with this effort also. Overall we likely need at least 10-15h/wk and could potentially use up to 30-40h/wk depending on needs. We're working in PT (currently GMT-7, going to GMT-8 with change to standard time) so you would ideally be available sometime between 10am-5pm PT for team communication. We have another developer working on the team who was the author of the current Outlook add-in that you can collaborate with, but his focus will be on our Gmail library. Overall we try to be very nice to work with and will not make ridiculous demands in terms of timelines. We are all engineers and understand the tradeoffs of quality, features, and time. We'll be communicating mostly over chat in English, but it may be necessary occasionally to talk verbally in English.
Please bid a rate you are happy with for the hours listed above over a period of at least a few months. I do not want to re-negotiate the rate after you have bid.
In your proposal please provide the following:
1) Your typical working hours in GMT-8
2) How many hours/wk you are roughly available (I realize you may have other projects ongoing)
3) Your ability/comfort with communicating in verbal English.
4) Your specific experience working with the technologies involved (Gmail add-on, Outlook add-ins, Node.js, React.js, Office Fabric UI)
Thanks, and look forward to hearing from you!