Who we are
Devium Games is an early-stage startup focused on gaming companion apps with real-time communication. Our unique team is seeking a talented senior front-end developer to help design, develop, and deploy our first release.
We are a 100% distributed team working quickly and efficiently to build responsive apps with powerful, reusable components. We practice self-organization, team prioritization, and lean methodologies. We are experienced professionals with decades of success in the areas of tech, marketing, and software design.
Who you are
You are a front-end developer with a solid working knowledge of data structures who can help us solve challenging interactions between our server and client. You’ll be joining a very small team working to build and release a new application, and will impact both the front-end and back-end architecture. You have a wide knowledge of front-end development, from UX best practices to REST API integration. You are comfortable making big choices with long-lasting impact, and working in a variety of disciplines.
- Build out full feature sets for the Devium Games platform using the VueJS framework Design, develop, and deploy complete components using VueJS.
- Able to make key architectural decisions for a front-end application, especially with regards to Firebase and peer-to-peer communication.
- Able to contribute to user interaction discussions, and aware of best practices for mobile and desktop.
- 4+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in client-side scripting and web application frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, or other)
- Experience with and understanding of single-page applications and REST-based architectures
- Experience working with Firebase
- Good knowledge of UX/UI best practices
- Gaming. You're as comfortable with a controller in your hands as you are with code on your screen.
- Sports. Athletes, competitors, team players preferred. You understand the itch to win. To get better. To compete. To prepare.
- People. You have a natural sense for relationship-building, and you take pride in building strong friendships. You are careful with your criticism and generous with your praise.
- Describe a Singleton Pattern.
- Describe your greatest sports moment.
- What is a Nickle Blitz?