Social Media Manager Job Description
We are looking for a talented Social media manager to create and maintain a strong online presence and sales for our young company. If you are a tech-savvy professional with interest in communicating with clients through online channels, we would like to hear from you.
As a Social Media Manager, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our brand. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies.
You must be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You must be able to express our company’s views creatively. Most importantly you should be able to handle our multiple social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
What we expect you to do
• Create, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news)
• Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new products
• Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales, and customer service to ensure brand consistency
• Communicate with followers, prospects, and clients and respond to queries, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
• Administer social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
• Develop an optimal posting schedule
• Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
• Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
• Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans to the directors.
• Set specific objectives and report on ROI aligning with business goals
• Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
• Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions
• Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video) on multiple sites.
• Analytical and multitasking skills
• Degree in Marketing, New Media or equivalent proven work experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Expertise in multiple social media platforms and hands-on experience in content management
• Familiarity with web design online marketing strategies and marketing channels
• Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
• Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively