Current site has 3 static pages - Home Page, About, Contact.
This project will involve taking the web site and turn it into an MVC ASP.NET Web site as well as add some basic functions.
- Project should be in C#
- Develop this locally for now
- All code must be well documented
- MVC should be used
- Site must be responsive
- All source should be provided with instructions on how to install the site and get it running
- Use Identity on ASP.NET Core as outlined in this article:
[login to view URL]
1. Create an ASP.NET web site
2. Convert existing three pages
3. Use Bootstrap like the current site
4. Add a login link to the site
5. Add ability to login from the home page
6. Configure ASP.NET Core Identity to use a SQL Server database
7. Use the default Microsoft SQL Data for storage
8. Initially we will just use user id and password but the site will also optionally need to support active directory and Windows Live authentication. I'm just mentioning this so we keep that in mind.
9. Upon a successful login site should direct user at a new page which will be a dashboard (design will be provided upon acceptance of the project)
10. Add another link to the home page to allow users to Register on the site. The registration page should request basic name address, company information. Email address can be used as the user id (but we will allow users to change this). A registration verification email should be used.
11. The registration process should update the database as described in the link I provided regarding ASP.NET Identity
12. Make the contact page feed a contact table in the SQL database. Structure a simple table for now. We will end up wanting to tie together users and contacts, not every contact will be a user.
To sum this up we need to get our web site on ASP.NET, facilitate a login and registration process and make sure the CONTACT page updates a contacts table.
This is the first phase of a long term future project.
All source files will be provided to the current site including graphics etc.