Creation of an online Power BI front end.
I need to create a PowerBI dashboard to compare and visualise some data for surveys we are undertaking for a Client. I would like the dashboard to be initially in Power BI desktop but ultimately I would like it uploaded to Power BI online so my Client can query the data himself.
The data is contained in the following four excel tables
A. Timetable data - Room ID, booking start time, booking end time, booker ID
B. Booker data – Booker ID, Faculty, school, department
C. Room Data – Room ID, Survey ID, Building, Floor, Room Type, Capacity
D. Survey Data – Survey ID, Survey Timeslot (an hour time slot), utilised, observed occupancy
The dashboard needs to be able to produce the following data views (perhaps as individual tabs):
1. Using all four tables - a comparison of booked rooms vs actually used rooms. This needs to have drop down menus / slicers to allow views of booked vs actual by faculty, by school and by department. I would be interested in your ideas on how this can best be visualised but think that an overall visualisation of % booked vs % actually used plus then a breakdown of the next level down as a bar graph showing % actual vs. booked
2. A visualisation of the observed use of each room over time in terms of % of times the room was observed in use vs overall % of observations. This would need to be able to be summarised by building and room type
3. A visualisation of the pattern of use over time – as a column with the axes observed number of occupants vs capacity of the room (% use) and time. We would need to be able to summarise and drill down by for all rooms building, floor and room by room and filter by different room types
4. A comparison (as a column or bar chart) showing peak and average utilisation by room – again with the ability to summarise by room type.
5. A graph showing the calculated overall % utilisation of the actual room, calculated as follows:
Utilisation = Frequency of observed use (as a % of overall observations made on that room) x average observed occupancy of the room
At the moment we have all data as static data tables in excel however long term we would like to be able to update the timetable and utilisation data weekly so the dashboard then reads the latest data tables so it would need to be set up with this in mind. I have some examples of the various graphs above (we do the report as a very static report in powerpoint) if these help.
It would be great if you could let me have a proposal and timescale for doing this work. If this goes well we also wish to automate our general report production via Power BI if possible for all our other Clients so that they have interactive online reports rather than our static ones using excel and powerpoint.
34 freelancers are bidding on average £478 for this job
Bid Summmary Hi Sir, I am having 10 years of experience in Microsoft Technologies including power bi report. Recently we are working on power bi report. I can show you right away