I need you to write some content for a essay.
This is an extended referenced essay writing task that requires you to demonstrate your ability to develop a
line of argument on a topic related to one of the topics covered in the Skills for Study 3 module.
In your essay, you should refer to a number of sources from the Skills for Study 3 Study Pack, but you MUST also refer to at least 5 other sources which you have found. You must ensure that the sources you use are academic and reliable, in particular ensure that Internet sources are accessed via a reputable academic database or an academic journal.
What you will be assessed on:
1. Establishing a clear purpose or thesis statement of your essay
2. Developing a line of argument, expanding and supporting the arguments with reasons and relevant examples
3. Identifying and evaluating counter arguments, opinions or solutions
4. Writing in an evaluative rather than descriptive manner
5. The extent and depth of your research of independently found sources
6. Incorporating others’ work effectively by quoting, summarizing and paraphrasing viewpoints and using in-text citations accurately
7. Compiling a complete, accurate, consistently referenced bibliography (standard Harvard system) at the end of your essay.
8. The clarity of expression used in your writing, especially register and style.
Before you start writing your essay you MUST write a plan of the essay. The plan must be typed and printed. Your class tutor will inform you when you should submit the plan. Your class tutor will review the plan and give you feedback. It is essential that you analyse your class tutor’s feedback and follow their instructions and suggestions when you write the essay.
Task: Write an Extended Essay answering one of the following questions. Foundation students must write 1750 words.
"'As well as entertainment, video games can now be used for exercise, education, and training for many types of jobs. People who blame violence and lack of real social contact on video games are simply part of an older generation who do not use or understand them.” Using existing literature and data, critically evaluate this claim in relation to at least 2 of the following areas (or 2 areas approved by your tutor):
* Physical/Mental Health