We're looking for a content writer with experience in writing blogs about real estate, homes, decor and on any topic homeowner or renter related. We require engaging, high-value articles for our blog that will educate or entertain our audience.
Specifically, we're looking for actionable, practical and useful content that is evergreen in nature (not tied to market cycles or trends).
You should be comfortable with researching your topic, and be able to write in a blog style that meets with best practices when it comes to readability and usability.
Our readers are consumers (first time home buyers, experienced home buyers, home sellers, home owners, renters and investors) who want information on buying, selling and all things related to real estate and home ownership.
Most blog posts will fall between 500 to 1,000 words and will need to follow our formatting guidelines (see below for more details).
Great examples of the types of topics we’re looking for:
• "x" Trends from This Year's Home and Garden Show in Vancouver
• Looking For The Best Mortgage Rate? Here's 6 Questions You Need To Ask
• Best DIY Home Renovation Projects (and why)
• 7 Useful Tips for First-Time Homebuyers (and why)
• How to Downsize Your Home with Kids
• 6 questions to ask when looking For The Best Mortgage Rate
Keep in mind, we have strict guidelines:
- Include all SEO terms that are highlighted for each project in a natural and conversational way into each blog post
- Format of posts will follow blog best practices: Use of subheads (and identified keywords in first paragraph); use of bullet points, lists and rankings
If you are a professional blogger who wants regular, freelance work with a committed client, please send at least two examples of blog articles.
Those that consistently meet deadlines with good, quality copy will be given top priority.