What you’ll do
• Be a member of the ITEM Media marketing department, reporting to the Creative Manager.
• Act as primary company copywriter, crafting the text you’ll use to support ITEM Media and its clients’ marketing campaigns.
• Know best practices for copy writing, especially within digital marketing collateral to ensure optimum accessibility and engagement
• Expand your knowledge in all things content and digital marketing-related – you should have an interest in staying up-to-date on the latest advancements, techniques, and technologies.
• Assist in other marketing projects as needed.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience writing effective short- and long-form copy. Emails, landing pages, blogs, websites, social media, news… if it has text, you’ll be working on it. Writing samples are required.
• 1 – 3 years’ experience writing copy in B2B industries, preferably for technical companies.
• 1 – 3 years’ experience contributing to content strategy. You shouldn’t be able to just write what you’re asked, but rather, help contribute to why something should be written.
• Proven comfort and success in developing strong calls-to-action to encourage your audience to take action: download a guide, submit a form, attend an event, sign up for emails, and so on.
• Jack- or Jill-of-all-trades personality – you must be comfortable with evolving roles and responsibilities.
• Diligent work ethic; must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done. The ability to follow deadlines is a must.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and be responsive to quickly changing production schedules
• Comfort in a client-facing role. You may need to interact with clients to help sculpt your copy.
• Ability to function in a team environment
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Candidates will be required to work 10-20 hours per week
• In-office or remote dependent on candidate's experience
Who We Are:
ITEM Media ([login to view URL]) is a triple threat in the media and marketing world – equal parts publisher, marketing services agency, and online event host. For over 40 years we’ve been bringing the latest in engineering solutions worldwide from our digital and print publications, Interference Technology, Electronics Cooling, and Environmental Test & Design, and through our online events, EMC Live, Thermal Live, and Engineering the Conversation. We also offer a full list of managed marketing services to engineering companies.
We are a group of about 20 people connected globally. We cultivate an informal business culture by providing a flexible work environment, trust in each person's individual skills, and some pretty nice (and some unusual) perks. Check out our social pages too.