We need to have a calculation / settlement tools for events with following specification:
- Tool must be very easy to use
- Probably Excel is the best tool - but: other suggestions?
- there is a general / main calculation for each event divided in following
2. Fixed Costs
3. Variable Costs
- There are at least 4 parties (companies) giving Input for the calculation.
Therefore this input from the external parties must be integrated and
aggregated in the main document
- Within the categories (Income, Fixed Costs, Variable Costs, Settlement)
there are subcategories, for example:
- The whole process from budget, forecast, final must be reproduced
- There must be the flexibility to add or remove any kind of positions
(in the examples above: Rental, Power, Cleaning, Stage, etc)
1. Is Excel the right tool?
2. What are other suggestions?
3. Explain how you would bring in the data from the external parties?
4. Explain how you would guarantee the necessary flexibility (every
calculation / settlement looks different)?
5. What would be the right budget?
6. What would be the right timeframe'
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Aug 22, 2012 4:51:22 AM:
Dear bidders, Thank you very much for your input and bids. It helped us a lot to understand and re-evaluate our requirements. We have decided to cancel this project and come back soon with an updated specification. Thank you for your understanding. Best regards.