I need a very simple VB app.
Has to be VB 6.
NOT .net !
* The coded software will have no GUI at all, no tray icon, nothing.
* On software load-up it would check if a URL (.dat file) exists.
* IF exists -> run an external exe file with command line parameters.
* IF NOT -> do nothing.
* It should stay resident in memory and run this check every hour.
* Software should be able to handle HTTP error codes, so that if the file doesn't exist and a 404 NOT FOUND page loads up, it doesn't accidentally detect this as a "file exists" state. The same goes for all other error codes such as 403 forbidden, 500 internal server error etc...
* It is CRITICAL that the software REALLY detects if the file exists, and only then run the external EXE file.
* It should be light on memory usage.
* The code should be well commented, so I can change the URL and EXE file parameters easily.
* Should be XP and Win7 compatible with the minimal dependency files (none if possible)
Software loads up and checks if [url removed, login to view] exists
Run "[url removed, login to view] /p /s /t2"
A super easy micro project.
A medium level coder should be able to code this within 10-15 minutes tops.
I will only consider experienced coders with positive feedback.
Feedback will be left for freelancer only AFTER project is complete.
*** Milestones: Only one. 100% at project completion. ***
14 freelancers are bidding on average $27 for this job
I am an experienced programmer, with more than 10 years of experience. I understand exactly what you need. I promise you will be satisfied with my work. Thank you for your trust.
Hi. I have a close look to your project. I have a good skill in vb programming. I'm sure I can complete your project. About requirements, I hope you describe me on chatting. Thanks.
This is an incredibly simple VBA task. I am able to do this in less than 30 minutes, providing all information is given at the start of the project. Look forward to hearing from you - thanks!
Hi, my name is tuan i can help you code a simple VB app i have experience with VB6 in my company. This is first time i bid a project in this website, so i can help you with less price Thanks,