I have a pretty complex event capturing script programmed in php / mysql using the Yii Framework ([url removed, login to view])
it currently collects event information from multiple sources based on the contents of source files which can added and edited as i please. the collected information is then put into a complex administration panel but this part of the script is complete
what i need completing is events categorisation
* Categories can be added/updated/deleted.
* Events can belong to multiple categories.
* Sources can have default event categories (set when you add/edit a source).
* When a source's events are fetched and processed they are allocated the default category if this is set in the source.
But the following needs to be added
* Sources without a default category can be handled in the processor file
to explain further source files show the scraper where to go to find events (a site per source file) and processors are allocated to sources and show the script how to deal with the data that is collected..
so in some cases a source will have event a category assigned to it
for example, a theatrical event website will only have theatrical events, so this can be set in the source file for that site
but other sources like ticketmaster for example have events of many types so the processor will need to map ticketmaster event categories to the categories i use.