Key Responsibility Areas:
• Responsible for generate business through online portals (Guru, PPH, UpWork) as well as Manage end-to-end sales process on all relevant sales opportunities from prospect identification to close.
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Achieve all revenue targets objectives in line with the Area Business Plan.
• Initiate and develop relationships with influencers and decision makers within target market profitably.
• Own and co-ordinate proposal and RFP responses on direct sales engagements
• An ability to provide comprehensive solutions.
Since a key component of this job is strategic planning, a business development manager must have thorough knowledge of the company's competitors and the marketplace. He or she will work closely with the sales and marketing departments to identify potential new clients, craft proposals, and review contracts.
Of course, as with all office jobs, documentation is also a big part of the work.
Business development professionals are also obligated to write reports and provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working.