C# Benchmark Application That Works With Redis
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $193 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I’m looking for someone to build a C# benchmark application (Windows Forms or Console) and provide the source. I currently have a C# Windows application that stores dictionaries and arrays in local RAM. I understand that Redis is typically meant as a fast disk-less replacement to store shared memory, but I’m trying to determine if it will be a fast enough replacement for local RAM.
I already have a Redis server stood up, but I’d welcome any performance suggestions as well. The same benchmark application must demonstrate or compare local RAM to Redis in the following types of ways using stopwatches or other measurement methods:
1. Show Load Performance For Simple Items: As quickly as possible, load X items into RAM and Redis.
2. Show Load Performance For More Complex Items: As quickly as possible, load X items into RAM and Redis.
3. Show Read and Write Performance: Once items are loaded (into RAM and Redis) methods should perform reads and writes, once again where I can see performance differences.
4. Concurrency Issues Performance: Are there concurrency issues? What happens if 10 threads want to access the same item? How do transactions affect speed?
5. Other performance suggestions?
Again, my hope is that this sample program can show how to efficiently load items into Redis and compare loading similar items into RAM so that we can compare and evaluate if Redis will be a good option for our application.
Freelancer will be responsible for loading their own Redis server instance for writing application and testing. Freelancer must provide source code.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online